We already had a web site and this replaces it.
This is great news and we are really excited about it because:
- Our new blog software is a minimal version of the Kidoju MEAN architecture.
- It is deployed on Amazon AWS, with multiple docker containers, nginx proxies and an AWS load balancer.
In other words, we have turned this web site into a test lab to bullet proof our Kidoju architecture and deployment before release.
Apart from the benefits of such test lab, we have built a new blog software for several reasons:
- Considering our extensive use of Kendo UI widgets, customizing WordPress, Blogger or Ghost to our UI design guidelines was not an easy task;
- If we are found of Jekyll and Octopress, rebuilding the web site when content changes is too constraining.
- We like markdown and Github offers a great environement to write and version markdown files.
We have made our blog software free to use for everyone.